Have you ever made Apple Sauce to go with roast pork, and wondered what to do with the leftovers? Or do you buy a jar and realise you’re not going to use as much as you thought? Well,this recipe is made for you.Moist, slightly spicy and light as a feather; you can even justify having more than one as the apple sauce contains fresh apples. It almost counts as a serve of fruit!
Makes 12 muffins
- 1.25 cups of plain gluten free flour
- 0.25 cup Orgran* Gluten Free Gluten
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 0.5 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoomn ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 0.5 cup soft butter (or substitute) at room temperature
- 1 cup soft brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup of Apple Sauce (either home made or store bought)
- Preheat oven to 180C, and line a 12 hole muffin tray with muffin liners
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, bicarb, salt, cinnamon and cardamom, and set aside.
- in a separate bowl, beat the butter, sugar and honey with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add the egg and beat until combined.
- With the mixer on a low speed, gradually add the flour mixture and mix until just combined (this can be done by hand). Beat in the apple sauce.
- Spoon the mix into the muffin tray, and cook for about 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean but slightly moist.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then finish cooling on a wire rack. Dust with gluten free icing sugar if desired.